Saturday 1 November 2014

The Inspiration behind Stubble Field

Stubble Field

Is part of my field series of work. 

I am very fortunate to live surrounded by countryside where I regularly walk my dog Liza. Every day is different according to the weather, in particularly the sky. 

On this August afternoon in 2013 the golden colours of the cut straw seemed luminous in contrast with the drama of the clouds and bright blue of the sky.

I wanted to capture the texture of the stubble and straw patterns on the field and the grandeur of the trees in the hedgerow.



To see more of my work follow these links:

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the slightly vintage feel it has. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've actually just sold this piece - I think everyone loves the glow of late Summer. I'm exhibiting in York at Blossom Street Gallery from 23 - 30 November, if you are interested in coming along it would be lovely to meet you.

      Delete